Self Isolation Work
Self-Isolation – Work and Learning Websites
At The Stanway school, we are continuing to follow advice from Public Health England in respect of Coronavirus.
We have not been put on alert to close and at present, we have no plans to close the school for any additional time.
We are working closely with the Local Authority and if we are advised differently by Public Health England and the Department for Education to close, we will inform parents and carers immediately.
Those families needing to self-isolate as a result of Government guidance issued on Monday 16th March are advised of the following:
- Unfortunately at this time teachers are unable to send home individual work for students. Instead, they will focus on their teaching in school, particularly as they might be covering for absent colleagues. Please see a list of websites below that students can access if they are fit and able to study.
- We are in the process of putting activity packs together for English, Maths, and Science and these will be made available below as soon as we have them.
- Year 11 should be revising independently. They have a vast range of online and paper resources already available to them. Students could also read a range of fiction or non-fiction books and articles, they could produce a piece of creative writing or they could make revision notes for their end of year exams, covering the work set since the start of the year (or the start of the course from year 9 onwards for years 9-11.)
General Learning across all subjects
English Department Work
Maths Department Work
Science Department Work
Essex Library Services
In light of the current circumstances, we thought now would be a good time to remind you about the wide range of free e-reading and online resources Essex Library Services has to offer. These include:
- e-books for children, teenagers and adults
- e-audio for children, teenagers and adults
- e-comics and graphic novels for children, teenagers and adults
- online learning courses
- online reference materials
Information about all of our library services can be found on our website: libraries.essex.gov.uk
About Essex Library Services
There are 74 libraries and 2 mobile libraries in Essex. Library locations and mobile stops can be found on our website.
You can join at any library or online. You will need to show proof of address.
There are a wide range of e-reading options including:
• e-Books and e-Audio – free to download from the library website or Borrowbox app.
You can download up to 7 e-books and 7 e-audio books at a time and we have titles for children, teenagers and adults
• e-Comics – comics and graphic novels from Marvel, Disney, IDW and Dark Horse via the RB Digital app
• e-Magazine and e-Newspapers – from fashion to photography to football there are a huge range of e-magazines available to download to the RB Digital or Press Reader app which also has daily newspapers from around the world.
• Transparent Language – (over 80 different languages, including English, and for some languages there is KidsSpeak, to help children learn other languages)
• Theory Test Pro – Essential practice for the official driving theory test
• Go Citizen – For candidates preparing for British Citizenship test
• Universal Class – Over 400 free online courses from business skills to alternative therapies
• Future Learn – Free online courses from major universities on a variety of subjects
Online reference materials
• Encyclopaedias and dictionaries – includes general reference collections and encyclopaedias to suit various age groups
• Business resources – includes topics such as business opportunities, starting and running your own business and company information
• Biographical, historical and family history – Includes reference materials to help you explore great historical events, trace your family tree or find out about a well-known person including (please note Ancestry and Find My Past are only available to use
in the library)
• Art, music and literature – includes reference material and the Naxos music library
• Access to research – discover a world of published academic research, some in full text, some as abstracts (please note this is only available to use in the library)