How to Revise
Aims of the ‘How to Revise’ programme
- To help you make the most of their time when revising.
- To help you feel positive about your revision.
- To improve you generic revision skills to help all your subjects.
The staff have kindly put together online resources for you to access to support your revision, including a taster video, a PDF, and an extended video of each session. The 5 key areas are:
- Revision timetabling and PLCs
- Flashcards and How to use them effectively
- Practice, practice, practice
- Mindmapping and knowledge organisers
- Revision resilience”
Revision timetabling and PLC’s –PDF
Flashcards and how to use them effectively – PDF
Practice, practice, practice – PDF
Mindmapping and knowledge organisers – PDF
Revision Resilience – PDF
The staff have kindly put together some individual videos to help develop additional revision skills and skills to revise for specific subjects. These include:
- CBE – Using online resources
- HMA – Making Science revision fun
- JBE/ECO – How to revise for Maths – Dr Frost Maths
- JBE/ECO – How to revise for Maths – Mathswatch
- KJO – Reading ready for exams
- LMU – Can’t revise for English – yes you can!
- MHA – Year 11 revision tips
- PCH – Note taking and revision tips
Using Online resources
Making Science revision fun
How to revise for Maths – Dr Frost Maths
How to revise for Maths – Mathswatch
Reading ready for exams
Can’t revise for English – Yes you can!
Year 11 Revision Tips
Note taking and revision tips