Earlier this month, sold out audiences were treated to four superb performances of “Matilda” by our talented cast of 54 students. The show, which is inspired by Roald Dahl’s famous book of the same name, was staged in our Atrium which had been turned into a theatre for the week with an ambitious set, and the addition of professional sound and lighting. Anticipation for the show was high because this was our first in person show since the pandemic began. The principal roles had been double casted to allow more students to be involved, and to minimise the risk of Covid disrupting the show . Both casts delivered fantastic, high energy performances which were very well received by the audiences. Needless to say, we were extremely proud of all of the students who were involved. Months of hard work went into preparing this show and we would like to thank:
- The cast – their hard work, determination and resilience paid off to produce an amazing and memorable show.
- The backstage crew – their calm and efficient work behind the scenes led to seamless transitions between scenes.
- The creative directors – Mr Halford Pollard (Director), Mr Hanlon (Musical Director) and Miss Wainwright (Choreographer) who realised this production from page to stage.
- Props and set designers – Mr Douglas, Mr Wilkinson, Mr Corps & Mr Higgins.
- Sound & lighting – Simon Deacon of Crosslight & Sound Production